Due to the very low number of patients attending the Solihull Urgent Treatment Centre over recent weeks, the decision has been made to temporarily close the service in the current Covid 19 emergency and redeploy the staff to other local NHS services.
The closure will happen from 8pm on Sunday 5 April 2020.
For those patients who require urgent medical help, and who would have attended the urgent treatment centre, there are a number of options:
• If a patient has a minor injury (such as a sprain, bruising or minor burn) the minor injuries unit at Solihull Hospital is still currently available. This service is open 7am-8pm, seven days a week.
• Contact NHS 111 – either online (https://111.nhs.uk/) or by phone (available 24/7 and free to call)
• Use the Ask A&E app (https://www.uhb.nhs.uk/ask)
• Telephone their GP practice
• Travel to their nearest accident and emergency department (life threatening situations only e.g. loss of consciousness, persistent chest pain, breathing difficulties, severe bleeding or severe allergic reactions).